Last updated: November 08, 2021
- Company (referred to as either “the Company”, “We”, “Us” or “Our” in this Agreement) refers to Lexis Language Institute.
- Cookies are small files that are placed on Your computer, mobile device or any other device by a website, containing the details of Your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
- Country refers to: Netherlands
- Device means any device that can access the Service such as a computer, a cellphone or a digital tablet.
- Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
- Service refers to the Website.
- Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of the Company, to perform services related to the Service or to assist the Company in analyzing how the Service is used.
- Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Website refers to Lexis Language Institute, accessible from lexisamsterdam.nl
You means the individual accessing or using our website, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using our website, as applicable.
Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
Types of Data Collected
While using Our website, We may ask You to provide Us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify You. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Age Group
- Usage Data
Usage Data is collected automatically when using our website.
Usage Data may include information such as Your Device’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of Our Website that you visit, the time and date of Your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking and Cookies Data
Cookies are files with a small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Other tracking technologies are also used such as beacons, tags and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyse our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if You do not accept cookies, You may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Use of Your Data
Lexis Language Institute uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To request feedback on the delivered services
- To notify You about Our courses
- To provide customer support
- To provide You with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which We offer that are similar to those that You have already purchased or enquired about unless You have opted not to receive such information
Storage of Your Personal Data
Lexis Language Institute does not store Your personal data longer than necessary for the performance of its services or as long as Lexis Language Institute is required by law. All information is stored on Our secure servers.
Transfer of Your Personal Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of Your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those of Your jurisdiction.
If You are located outside Netherlands and choose to provide information to Us, please note that We transfer the data, including Personal Data, to Netherlands and process it there.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
Under certain circumstances, Lexis Language Institute may be required to disclose Your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Other legal requirements
The Company may disclose Your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of the Company
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- Protect the personal safety of Users of the Service or the public
- Protect against legal liability
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Lexis Language Institute may process Your Personal Data because:
- We need to perform a contract with You
- You have given Us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it is not overridden by Your rights
- For payment processing purposes
- To comply with the law
Security of Your Personal Data
The security of your Personal Data is important to Us, but remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If You are a parent or guardian and You are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact Us. If We become aware that We have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 18 without verification of parental consent, We take steps to remove that information from Our servers.
Links to Other Websites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Delete of your Personal Data
You can request Lexis Language Institute to corret, delete or shield you personal information.
By email: email@example.com